Thursday, December 17, 2015

MRI Day

This morning I had an MRI. I wasn't a fan. It was more nerve racking than I thought, but I survived and I could do it again if I had to, but hopefully not!!

The radiologist called me with the MRI results. The good news is my right breast showed no signs of cancer... Yay! My left breast, she did find a few more "very small" masses that were not seen on the Mammogram or ultrasound. What the radiologist said to me was "I don't recommend you try and save your breast. A mastectomy is necessary." This is the plan I have been planning on so, I'm ok with that. I have an aggressive fast growing cancer and sounds like we need to start something as soon as possible, and I plan to do that! The other major piece to the puzzle is the result to the HER2 receptor which is still not back yet. If that test comes back positive, the way it sounds I would likely have chemo before surgery. If it is negative, she thought I would need surgery as soon as possible... Maybe even before the 1st of the year! That's just crazy to me that this could happen so quickly.I should have this result back tomorrow and my appointments are already scheduled with oncology and surgeon Monday and Tuesday next week. 

So wow!! A lot of information yet again, and I'm still overwhelmed, but I'm focusing on so many other things right now other than my cancer. I am much better when I am busy with my kids, housework, and work during the day. I'm ready to spend the next 2 weekends with my family for Christmas and we are going to do that! I am not dwelling on my diagnosis. I am living my life as usual. I am trusting in the doctors and medical professionals and most of all God to take care of me!! 

In summary for today; we wait for my HER2 result to come back, and we meet with the doctors next week. From there, Ryan and I will decide on looking at a second opinion as far as surgery. I will probably wait to blog again after my appointments next week. Until then, please keep your prayers coming!!

❤️❤️ Angie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting- I have been thinking of you non stop and was wondering if you knew anything from your MRI. We will keep the prayers coming.

    ReplyDelete